December 20, 2011

From the Beginning

Just a quick synopsis of how the Rackham family began. Skylar and I both started at BYU in 2005. He was studying Mechanical Engineering to begin with and I was studying Violin Performance. I was shorter than the sweet 5'6" boy so naturally he struck up some converstaion. After 4 school dances, freezing cold walks at night in January, and lots of drawn out conversation we started dating. 



A few months later Skylar received his mission call to Guadalajara, Mexico (viva las chivas) and would there spend his life for the next 2 years. He went from looking like this:


To looking like this:



After he got back, we looked like that:


Anyway, a few months later we got engaged. It was an exciting and stressful time as any bride to be will tell you. 


But we made it through and this January we'll have been married for 3 eventful, exciting and happy years! I can honestly say he is my best friend, the person I want to be with forever. I'm so glad we have each other and get to experience this crazy life together!


No comments:

Post a Comment